If you have information about a potential environmental violation within the Hudson-Raritan Estuary you can call NY/NJ Baykeeper at 732-888-9870.
Please try to include as much information as possible as to the location and exact nature of the incident. If you prefer, you may contact us anonymously by email at [email protected].
We also encourage you to contact government agencies to report the incident, especially if the incident is an emergency.
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection 24-Hour Toll Free Hotline at 1-877-WARNDEP (1-877-927-6337).
- NJ Marine Police, Newark Bay, 973-578-8189
- US Coast Guard, 1.800.424.8802, Sandy Hook 732-872-0300.
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation 24-Hour Toll Free Hotline at 1-800-TIPP DEC (1-800-847-7332).
- To report a chemical or oil spill call the NYSDEC 24-hour Hotline at 1-800-457-7362 (within NY State) or 518-457-7362 (outside NY State).
New York City
- Contact 311 for concerns or complaints regarding water, air, noise, sewer, industrial wastes, or hazardous materials. Outside of New York City call 212-NEWYORK (212-639-9675).
- US Coast Guard, 1-800-424-8802, Staten Island 718-354-4120.
- Additionally, you may contact the National Response Center (NRC) for spill response and remediation at 1-800-424-8802 or 202-267-2675. NRC is the sole federal point of contact for reporting oil and chemical spills.